Thursday, December 11, 2014

Visual Argument



I am a single mother with two children, currently attending Lincoln Land Community College, and working a job at Hardees. My obligation as a citizen is to pay rent, car insurance, utility bills, and traveling expenses to cover for the month. Being that I only make $8.50 an hour, I struggle every month to survive in this economy. A few months out of the year, I have to choose if I am going to pay the utility bill in order for my lights to stay on, and then pay my rent the following month, hoping my landlord would understand. If the minimum wage was raised to $10.00 an hour it is a better chance that low-wage working individuals, including me would be able to make ends meet in the economy. The purpose of my website is to get peoples attention on the impact of raising the minimum wage in the state of Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment